This is my pattern review of McCall’s M7429 – Twist Front Dress. It’s a very popular pattern at the moment and there is a lot of love about this one. I needed a LBD for dinner last night and I was not in the mood for a lot of fussiness. The gorgeous dress came together in 2 days. I could have certainly completed it in one day but the draping in the front refused to cooperate. After setting it aside and a good nights sleep. Let’s just say I won!
- What pattern did you use? I used McCall’s M7427 view D without the contrast panel.
- What was your fabric choice? The pattern calls for a 2-way stretch and I used Ponte Roma that I purchased on a recent trip to JoAnn’s Fabric.
- What size did you use? I cut a size 14 and added 1/2 inch to the hips. I wanted the dress to fit but did not want it skin tight.
- What did you like about the pattern? I was drawn to the “twist front” draping. I loved the architecture of the dress. I also like the wrap in front and asymmetrical hemline.
- Did the dress look like the picture? I think so.
- Were the instructions clear? For the most part yes. The only part that stumped me were the instructions for the “twist front”. It’s not that it was overly complicated but once I put the instructions down and used common sense it came together quickly.
- Will you make it again? Absolutely, I want to make the sleeveless version.
Dinner was great and I was nice and warm because I had the foresight to add sleeves. I didn’t need to do a lot in terms of accessories because the draping in the front was the focal point. I wanted the break up the black so I went with my BCBGeneration pumps. I’ve had these for a couple of years and you can find them at DSW.
See you soon and thanks for stopping by.
Always Stylish ~ Always Fabulous